Alphadale Cemetery, originally known as Wilsons Ridge Cemetery, was dedicated in 1875 but appears to have been in use for several years before that. It comprises two separate sections. The Anglican and Roman Catholic portions are opposite the old St Paul's Anglican Church in Alphadale Road. The Presbyterian and Methodist portions are behind these and are accessed via the Alphadale Fire Brigade bush track off the Bruxner Highway.
The area is heavily timbered and, probably due to the shaded location and moist climate, many of the stones are difficult to read due to lichen growth. Some of the older stones are badly eroded.
Roy Smith has submitted images he made of part of the cemetery in 2008 and Sandra Cockbain images that she made early in 2012. Roy's and Sandra's pictures may be viewed via the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages and to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information and clarification of inscriptions.
Alphadale Road runs south off the Bruxner Highway 12km east of Lismore and 5km west of Wollongbar. Lat -28.811760, Long 153.367310
Alphadale Cemetery is administered by Lismore City Council. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 23A, Lismore NSW 2480; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
11 Jun 2012
31 Mar 2012
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index