344 Mylneford Road,
Mylneford Cemetery contains a small number of marked graves in a comparatively large area (4 hectares). According to Clarence Valley Council, burials may have commenced here as early as 1841, although the site was not dedicated as a cemetery until 1893. The headstones extant are generally in good condition and the grounds well maintained by Council. There are obviously quite a few unmarked graves.
Sandra Cockbain has contributed her images of every visible inscription that she made in September 2011. Sandra compiled the list of inscriptions with reference to the NSW indices of births, deaths and marriages for additional information.
Mylneford Cemetery is 23km north-west of South Grafton. Follow the Gwydir Highway north-east for 5.9km, turn right onto Rogans Bridge Rd for 14.2km, then left onto Mylneford Road for 3.1km. The cemetery lane is on the right hand side of the road. Lat -29.633019, Long 152.839129.
For further information, contact Clarence Valley Council, 2 Prince Street (Locked Bag 23), Grafton NSW 2460; phone 02 6643 0200; email: email@example.com
12 Nov 2011
10 Sep 2011
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index