Wauchope General Cemetery contains inscriptions dating from 1920. Denominational portions are clearly marked with row numbering in all areas. Grave numbers are visible in some areas. There are three columbaria and also a Memorial Garden for returned service personnel, established by the Wauchope RSL Sub-branch. At the time of listing, the cemetery was in good order with no sign of vandalism but in need of mowing. There are no facilities provided other than town water.
The digital images were taken by Ray Cork between February and April 2009. The inscriptions were compiled with reference to the NSW BDM online search facility and the Australian War Memorial Nominal Rolls for both WW1 and WW2 for additional information.
From Wauchope town centre take the Oxley Highway west for 3 km. The cemetery is on the Eastern side of the highway.
Wauchope General Cemetery is administered by the Port Macquarie-Hastings Council. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 84, Port Macquarie NSW 2444; phone 02 6581 8111; email: email@example.com
7 May 2009
30 Apr 2009
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index