Raymond Terrace Road,
East Maitland General is a substantial regional cemetery established in the mid-19th century. The earliest inscription found was dated 1854. The site is divided into denominational portions, all of which are signposted. Almost every row is also marked. The cemetery is in excellent condition.
Ruth King photographed and listed every visible inscription over many visits in the first half of 2007. Her images may be downloaded at the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled with extensive reference to the NSW indexes of births, deaths and marriages and to military records held by the Australian War Memorial for further information.
The cemetery is located on the corner of Raymond Terrace and Metford Roads, next to the golf course.
East Maitland General Cemetery is administered by the Maitland City Council. For further information, contact Council at 285-287 High Street (PO Box 220), Maitland NSW 2320; phone: (02) 4934 9700; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
7 Apr 2008
30 Jun 2007
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index