The list and images from the Back Plains Cemetery have been contributed by John Arthur, who visited the cemetery in March 2007. He writes that the cemetery was mown but there were a number of broken headstones. The inscriptions extant date from 1899.
In compiling the list of inscriptions, we referred to the Queensland BDM search site and to military records. John's images may be viewed and downloaded from the list of inscriptions for this cemetery.
Back Plains is a locality about 12km west of Clifton. From Clifton, take the Clifton Leyburn Road to Ryeford, turn north into the Ryeford Back Plains Road and then left into Ernst Road. The cemetery is on the corner of Ernst and Naumann Roads.
Back Plains Cemetery is administered by the Clifton Shire Council. Contact Council at PO Box 74, Clifton Qld 4361; phone: 07 4697 4222; email: email@example.com
20 Sep 2007
31 Mar 2007
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index