This well maintained cemetery contains inscriptions dating from 1894. It is divided into denominational portions and also includes a columbarium with inscriptions from as early as 1965. The modern lawn cemetery appears to have been commenced around 1995.
Robert Tozer visited the cemetery in October 2006 and made digital images of all inscriptions. Roma Waldron subsequently prepared the list of inscriptions from those images. In compiling the list, extensive reference was made to the NSW indexes of births, deaths and marriages and to military records for further information. The assistance of Janette Downey in this research is gratefully acknowledged.
From the village, head south along the New England Highway, turn right into St Heliers Street and then first left into Segenhoe Street. The cemetery is on the right hand side of the street.
The Aberdeen General Cemetery is administered and maintained by the Upper Hunter Shire Council. Contact Council at PO Box 208, Scone NSW 2337; telephone: 02 6540 1100; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
23 Feb 2007
30 Oct 2006
Update this Cemetery
Add an Inscription to this Cemetery
See all Inscriptions in this Cemetery
Add a Cemetery
Contact Australian Cemeteries Index