Proston General Cemetery
Address: Proston Boondooma Road, Proston 4613 QLD
Proston General Cemetery occupies a narrow but deep block on the southern side of the road next to the golf course. It comprises denominational portions for Anglican, Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, Presbyterian and Uniting, all of which are signposted, as well as a lawn cemetery.
The monumental cemetery appears to have come into general use in the mid-1930s, although there are two inscriptions from 1916 and 1918. Large monuments are therefore absent and all those that exist are mostly marble and granite and in good condition and legible. The lawn portion displays inscriptions dating from 1989.
Peter and Karen Patterson-Kane surveyed the cemetery in September 2010 and found it in neat and tidy condition and well maintained by Council. They made digital images and notes of all visible inscriptions and prepared the list of inscriptions for this cemetery. In compiling the list, reference was made to the Queensland indices of births, deaths and marriages and to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.
How to find it
From Proston, head west on the Proston Boondooma Road for 1.1km to the cemetery entrance. Lat -26.161695, Long 151.590201
For further information, contact South Burnett Regional Council, PO Box 336, Kingaroy QLD 4610; phone: 047 4162 6200; email: email@example.com
The number of inscriptions for this cemetery is 354
The listing was last updated on 2010-11-19
The listing was complete as at 2010-09-02
Search for a specific family name in all cemeteries.