Address: Cemetery Road, Georgetown 4871 QLD
Georgetown Cemetery contains inscriptions from as early as 1873. A feature of the cemetery is a number of cast-iron monuments that date from the earliest days and are still standing erect and legible. The cemetery occupies a generous site with graves either side of a central roadway and affords ample parking space. Tank water is available on the site. The whole area is maintained in excellent condition by Etheridge Shire Council.
Peter and Karen Patterson-Kane visited the cemetery on Anzac Day 2010 and made digital images and notes of every visible inscription. Their work and images may be viewed from the list of all inscriptions for this cemetery. That list was compiled with reference to the Queensland indices of births, deaths and marriages and to the Australian War Memorial online military rolls for additional information.
How to find it
From Georgetown township, head north on Cemetery Road for 1.3km. The cemetery is on the left hand side of the road. Lat -18.276124 Long 143.548602
Georgetown Cemetery is controlled by the Etheridge Shire Council. For further information, contact Council at PO Box 12, Georgetown QLD 4871; phone 07 4062 1233
The number of inscriptions for this cemetery is 139
The listing was last updated on 2010-05-06
The listing was complete as at 2010-04-25
Search for a specific family name in all cemeteries.